Can You See Yourself Here?
- You’ve worked in organizations your entire professional career. In the last few years, you’ve been passed over for promotions. There are still a few years before you want to retire, but the edge and the joy have gone out your work life. You don’t want to coast along. That would be too disheartening.
- On the other hand, you may be a woman almost nearing retirement and whether you’ve planned for it or not, you’re not looking forward to that unstructured, open-ended time. You can always volunteer, or continue volunteering, but that feels like a should, and shoulds don’t often work. The future doesn’t feel inspiring.
- You hate to admit it, but the pain has lasted longer than you ever expected, and you don’t know how to live with it. It’s wearing you down, has made you hard to live with and moody, and if you hear one more person tell you that it’s meant to be or to see the gift in it, you are going to swat them!
- As a stay-at-home mom, you’ve loved the choice and privilege that this freedom gives you, and now your children are more independent. Other women’s accomplishments sound interesting and impressive, and you’d like to feel that way about something of your own. But where to begin?
- Now you know for sure. Your doctor has tested your hormone levels and confirmed that you are indeed pre-menopausal. Crap! Though generally upbeat, lately you’ve been feeling glum, uninspired, and even down-in-the-dumps. Downhill, or what?
- Dismissed and almost unnoticed in public settings, you get bloody indignant. You are determined to be visible, active and heard. What’s wrong with this world?
- As a successful leader, you’ve devoted your life to a rich career, and have gladly given up your time and personal life to help others. But your choices have made an impact on your health and your relationships, and you’re starting to feel regrets you’ve never had before. Regrets? You said you wouldn’t ever do that to yourself!
- You’ve been dreaming about going back to get another degree, but to be honest, sometimes you feel old and wonder if it’s not too late, too foolish, and maybe not worth the investment. But your heart won’t be quiet.
- Single your whole life, you’ve decided that you want companionship and love. You have no idea how to do this in a healthy way. Relationships have ended badly or were short-lived. Recently you tried dating. It didn’t go well and frankly, you felt worse after that experience. Why can’t you just give up on that idea?
The women I work with have many values and qualities in common.
Are any of them yours?
- You take responsibility for leading and creating your life. You don’t always succeed, but you can learn!
- You are self-motivated and committed to personal and spiritual growth. Spiritual to you means anything from belonging to a specific religious group or to looking for your truth. You’ve got a curiosity about what you are on earth for and you mean to make this a meaningful life.
- That commitment to growth means that you are willing to make time and space to make changes, even if you have to say no to some things in order to nurture and make space for yourself. You don’t know exactly how you’ll do it, but you’re here to find out.
- You know that when you are happy, everyone gets happy around you. The opposite is also true. When you are not feeling good within, it shows. And you’d love to lighten up and have more fun. That would be SO incredible.
- You are open-minded and curious, willing to experiment and practice new ideas and behaviours with sustained attention to get the results you’ve come for.
I invite you to contact me. Let’s talk about what’s happening in your world. Click here.
If you need time, sign up for articles at the top of the page.