Putting Fun & Flow Back into Writing
Women’s Writing Workshop
Thursdays June 11 – July 30 @ 8-10 am Pacific
If you love writing, want to do more of it and wish it could flow easily, getting fun back into your writing life will do that for you.
Flow is natural. You’ve seen it in kids at play. They’re not thinking about what they’re doing. They’re in the dance!
Once you understand how flow works and how to activate it when you need to, writing can now become writing fun!
The only thing you’ll want to be sure of is that at your core, you love writing and the way it feels when you lose yourself in it, or that you have a curiosity and desire to begin.
You don’t have to be an experienced writer and you may be a beginner.
Perhaps you write to understand yourself, your world, and because voicing your life experience is an important act, even if it’s only for yourself. (It is!)
Maybe you want to publish.
Frankly, you don’t need to bring a goal to this workshop. You + Your Desire = The Right Formula.
It’s possible that you used to love writing, but expectations and stress made you stop. (Why would you do something for the longterm that’s not fun?)
My plan is for you to reconnect to the ease and delight of writing.
And you get to do it in the company of a safe and welcoming group of women and with me – encouraging you live and in person.
If you’ve had this dream, give yourself a chance to explore it.
My intention is that you…
- Fall in love with writing even more
- Write easily, full of inspiration
- Sense unmistakably what wants to come through you
- Discover what you have to say and that saying it matters – even if you never publish a word
- Feel the endless and infinite nature of the writing life and creativity in your bones
- Know without a doubt that there is nothing to fix about you in order for you to write
This is for you, if you…
- Love writing and want to do more of it
- Keep stopping yourself before you even begin
- Want to relate differently to your writing
- Would like to change up your journal writing or experiment with other forms
- Are a shy, bold, passionate, quiet (or not) person who wants to write because you do
This is NOT for you if you…
- Want to figure out why you aren’t writing and want a psychological answer to something that was never broken
- Think putting pressure on yourself to write, publish, do it right or hurry will work for you though it hasn’t reliably done so yet
- Want schooling on grammar, punctuation or style. Here, you are free to spell its/it’s and there’s/theirs anyway you want because there’s obviously no stopping that trend
Here’s what you can expect from me:
- Gentleness, compassion and realness (authentic is overused, so I’m going for real)
- An introduction to many ways of opening doors to writing and to being receptive to the flow of inspiration, innate creativity and love
- A safe and gentle environment where you can playfully test out your voice. We will receive you with care and understanding.
- The absence of shaming, blaming, criticizing or any other dehumanizing acts
- The absence of teachy, preachy or pushy – and total permission to poke me if I lose my bearings or have an off day
By the end of the 8 weeks, you’ll be able to:
- Engage in a gentle, loving relationship with yourself and your writing – as a partner
- Know how to allow writing to come through you
- Let go of pushing and forcing yourself to write
- Relax into the flow of writing
Here are the details.
- Thursdays June 11, 18, 25, July 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- 8 am – 10 am Pacific / 11 am – 1 pm Eastern / 4 pm – 6 pm UK
- $250.00 Canadian (tax included); $200.00 USD (non-Canadians)
- Canadians: e-transfer to email@example.com
- Non-Canadians: by cheque
Before You Register
Please answer a few questions in the form below. I want to be sure that this workshop will meet your expectations and that you’re not actually signed up for the class next door – Anthropology 101. (Though I loved it when I went through it, so I wouldn’t blame you.)
Once you do that, I’ll contact you and we’ll move forward.
Copy and paste these questions into the message box below. Include any questions for me.
- Your country and time zone.
- If this workshop could be exactly what you need, what would be different for you?
- What’s the real challenge about writing for you?
Sign up to be notified about future workshops. Also, let me know what times and days of the week would be best for you. Use the form above.