Women’s Writing Workshop
Thursday April 9 – June 11 , 2020
Here we are.
I can now officially invite you to join me, even though I am still playing with the workshop name.
I had one, but it felt too significant and serious.
Apparently, if I wait to tell you all the details and the cost, and make you scroll to the bottom, it’s good luck for all of us.
So, let’s not mess with all the rules and jinx it – just in case.
Now to the heart of this invitation…
The first thing you need to be sure of is that you love writing.
The way it feels when you do it.
The way you feel when you get those words down, whatever they are.
Maybe you want to publish or have dreamed of it, but you love writing whether you publish or not.
It’s possible that you used to love writing, but all that pressure and stress made you go off it.
Pressure might have you wondering if you even like it – even though you love it too.
If you love writing, want to do more of it and wish it could simply flow, that would be a good reason to be here.
Flow is natural and you’ve seen it in kids at play; they’re not thinking about what they’re doing; they’re in the dance.
Once you understand how flow works and reclaim it, the rest does itself.
Together with a safe and welcoming group of women, you’ll learn how to listen with your whole being to what wants to be written.
My intention for you is that…
- You fall in love with writing even more
- You write easily, full of inspiration
- You sense unmistakably what wants to come through you
- You discover what you have to say and that saying it matters to the entire planet – even if you never publish a word
- You feel the endless and infinite nature of the writing life and creativity in your bones
- You know – you REALLY KNOW – that there is nothing to fix about you in order to write
This is for you if…
- You love writing and want to do more
- You love writing but don’t do it
- You love writing and keep stopping
- You are willing to experiment
- You are willing to relate differently to your writing
- You are sick of rehashing old thoughts into your journal and meeting the same unchanging topics
- You’re introverted, shy, sensitive and just plain human
This is NOT for you if…
- You want to figure out why you aren’t writing and want a psychological answer to something that was never broken
- You think putting pressure on yourself to write, publish, do it right or hurry will work for you though it hasn’t reliably done so yet
- You want schooling on grammar, punctuation or style. Here, you are free to spell its/it’s and there’s/theirs anyway you want because there’s obviously no stopping this trend
Here’s what you can expect from me:
- Gentleness, compassion and realness (authentic is overused, so I’m going for real)
- An introduction to many ways of opening doors to writing and to being receptive to the flow of inspiration, innate wisdom and love
- A safe and gentle environment where you can playfully test out your voice. We will receive you with care and understanding.
- The absence of shaming, blaming, criticizing or any other dehumanizing acts
- The absence of teachy, preachy or pushy – and total permission to poke me if I lose my bearings or have an off day
By the end of the 8 weeks, you’ll be able to:
- Engage in a gentle, loving relationship with yourself and with your writing, as a partner
- Know how to and experience allowing writing to come through you
- Let go of pushing and forcing yourself to write
- Relax into the flow of writing
I believe you’ve scrolled far enough.
Now here are the details.
The writing workshop starts on Thursdays, April 9- June 11, 2020.
- April 9, April 16, April 23, April 30, May 7, May 14, May 21, May 28
- 8 am – 10 am Pacific /11 am – 1 pm Eastern / 4 pm – 6 pm UK
- $250.00 Canadian (tax included) $200.00 USD (all non-Canadians)
- Canadians: e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-Canadians: PayPal
Before You Register
You will need to answer a few questions in the form below. I want to be sure that this workshop will meet your expectations and that you’re not actually signed up for the class next door – Conversational French 101.
Once you do that, I’ll contact you and we’ll move forward.
Copy and paste these questions right into the message box below.
- Your country and time zone
- If this workshop could be exactly what you need, what would you take away from it?
- What’s the real challenge about writing for you?