Fun, Freedom & Flow
Women’s Writing Workshops
Thursdays September 10 – November 5, 2020 10 am – 12 pm Pacific
If writing is something your heart yearns for, but you keep stopping yourself or struggling, this workshop will help you move past judgments toward playful, joyful writing.
You may be a beginner or someone who wants to publish. Or you may have written in a journal for years, taken creative writing classes, or want to explore a new way of expressing yourself.
It’s even possible that you used to love writing, but expectations and stress made you stop.
In this workshop, you will discover what writing wants for you and from you.
The writing you do won’t have to be big, lofty or intellectual. It will be what wants to come.
Hearing your inner voice and paying attention, you will notice what wants to be written and follow its beckoning. That’s when writing gets easier, more adventurous and intriguing.
Soon, writing will flow naturally. You know flow. You’ve seen it in kids at play when they’re completely in the dance of the moment.
Once you understand that flow comes from the intimacy you build with yourself and your writing, it will become abundant.
As you get closer to your essence, writing will lead the way and guide you.
My intention is for you to connect to the ease, delight and fascination of writing.
You don’t even need to bring a goal. The only goal will be to get out of your own way and listen for what wants to be written through you.
And you get to do it in the company of a safe circle of welcoming women and with me – encouraging you in person and gently.
During the 2 hours, I’ll be teaching for a period of 20 – 30 minutes. Then, you’ll get a chance to experiment with the ideas and write for 20-25 minutes. If you wish to, you can share your writing, read to the group when you’re done, talk about your experience, or let yourself be silent.
There will be no critiquing, crosstalk or advice-giving during the sharing part. We won’t comment on your style or content, though you can ask questions.
In this small group of women, we will witness and receive each other’s writing as offerings, with deep attention.
My intention is that you…
- Fall in love with writing as a process
- Write easily, full of inspiration
- Sense unmistakably what wants to come through you
- Discover what you have to say and that saying it matters – even if you never publish a word
- Feel the endless and infinite nature of the writing life and creativity in your bones
- Know without a doubt that there is nothing to fix about you in order for you to write
This is for you, if you…
- Want to write – no explanation or qualifiers needed
- Love writing and want to do more of it
- Keep stopping yourself before you even begin
- Want to relate differently to your writing
- Would like to change up your journal writing or to experiment with other forms
This is NOT for you if you…
- Want to figure out why you aren’t writing and want a psychological answer to something that was never broken
- Think putting pressure on yourself to write, publish, do it right or hurry will work for you – though it hasn’t reliably done so yet and has stressed you out
- Want schooling on grammar, punctuation or style. Here, you are free to spell its/it’s and there’s/theirs anyway you want because the objective is flow and connection with your heart rather than perfection
Here’s what you can expect from me:
- Gentleness, compassion and realness (authentic is overused, so I’m going for real)
- An introduction to many ways of opening doors to writing and to being receptive to intuition, inspiration, and possibility
- A safe and gentle environment where you can playfully test out your voice. We will receive you with care and understanding.
- The absence of shaming, blaming, criticizing or any other dehumanizing acts
- No teachy, preachy or pushy behaviour – and total permission to poke me if I lose my bearings or have an off day
By the end of the 8 weeks, you’ll be able to:
- Build a more playful, joyful and sustainable writing life
- Engage in a gentle, loving relationship with yourself and your writing as a partner
- Allow writing to come through you
- Let go of pushing and forcing yourself to write
- Relax into the flow of writing
From recent participants:
After 8 weeks of writing guidance that you have gifted me, the negative voices in my head have become quieter. This workshop empowered this ‘lost’ creative to break through the voices in her head that whispered, ‘You are not good enough, you need a writing degree to write, or, you are lofty to even think about writing.’ The conversation has shifted from words of disapproval and self-admonishment, to words of empowerment, joy and enthusiasm for my future writing endeavours. For this I am grateful.”
I was sorry when the workshop ended. I felt encouraged, supported and challenged and was able to appreciate my own writing. I would love to take another writing workshop with Miriam and would recommend it to anyone looking for encouragement and support in a creative, non-threatening and safe way.”
- Thursdays, September 10, 17, 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, and November 5, 2020
- 10 am – 12 pm Pacific
- $250.00 Canadian (tax included); $250.00 USD (non-Canadians)
- Canadians: e-transfer to email@example.com
- Non-Canadians: PayPal
Before You Register
Please answer a few questions in the form below. I want to ensure that this workshop will meet your expectations and needs.
Once you do that, I’ll contact you and we’ll move forward.
Copy and paste these questions into the message box below. Include any questions for me.
- Your country and time zone.
- If this workshop could be exactly what you need, what would that be?
- What’s the real challenge with respect to writing for you?
If you want to be notified about future workshops, let me know in the form below.